The Electrical Machine lab enables the students to understand and consolidate the behavior of different kinds of electrical machines viz. DC machines, Induction /Synchronous machines and others also under different loading conditions. Students strive real hard to understand the application areas of these machines as per the different industrial requirements. Facilities available are:
- DC Shunt motor 5HP 220V, 1500rpm coupled with DC Shunt generator of 220V, 3kW on channel frame with control panel.
- DC Series motor of 5 HP 220V 1500rpm coupled on channel frame with DC Series generator of 220V 3 kW with control panel.
- DC commutative compound motor Of 5 hp 220 volt 1500 rpm coupled on channel frame with DC shunt generator of 220volt 3 kW, with control panel.
- Two identical Dc shunt motors of 5hp, 220Volt, 1500rpm coupled on channel frame with control panel.
- DC compound motor of 5hp, 2220 volt, and 1500 rpm with break load pulley and dial type spring balances with control panel.
- Three single phase transformer of 3kVA, 230 volts with primary and secondary in two halves with tapping at 50%, 86.6%and 100% with control panel.
- 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor of 5hp, 440 volt, with brake load pulley belt load changing arrangement & control panel.
- Synchronous motor of 5hp, 415 volt and 3-phase coupled with 0.75 kW DC generator for excitation and 230 volt, 3.0kw, 230 volt dc shunt generator with control panel.
- DC Shunt motor of 5hp, 220Volt, 1500 rpm coupled with 3-phase 3kVA, 440Volts alternator salient pole rotating field type with control panel.