Mechanical Engineering (ME) Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers Undergraduate course in Mechanical Engineering and a Post Graduate course in Computer Integrated Manufacturing. These courses are accredited by National Board of Accreditation. The Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the Premier Departments in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
The Department has more than 30 highly experienced faculty members, out of which 3 faculty members have doctoral degree , 5 faculty members are pursuing doctoral degree and about 20 faculty members are having Post graduate degree in Engineering.
Department is having 13 fully fledged laboratories with state of art facilities equipped with modern machinery and softwares.
The Department has always strived for excellence. The Department is excelling in various competitions like BAJA/SUPRA/EFFICYCLE and ends up amongst top ten teams in the country. The Department organizes workshops / conferences at regular intervals on various topics.
Almost globally, Mechanical Engineering is accepted as an evergreen branch of engineering. In the current scene, Mechanical Engineering is more of the interdisciplinary in nature. Young mechanical engineers find ample scope in public and government sectors like IOCL, SAIL, BHEL, etc. Major industrial sectors like automobiles, aerospace, heavy machineries, refineries, energy, railways, etc welcome the fresher students in the field of research, design, work study, maintenance, and quality control.
Medi-Caps Group Group of Institution
Dr. Mohammed Ali
Education: PhD(mechanical), MTech, BE
Dr. Mohammed Ali
B.E. (Mechanical), M.Tech(Mechanical), PhD(Mechanical)
Professor and Head of the Department
Mechanical Engineering Department,
Medi-Caps University, Indore(MP) India
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is headed by one of the youngest leaders and is known to be a visionary person. Dr. Mohammed Ali took the reins of the department in 2018, thus taking ahead the age old legacy of this renowned department, which comprises of three branches in B.Tech- Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering and Fire & Safety Engineering. Dr. Ali has a long academic and administrative experience, extending over a span of twenty years. He has profound expertise in the field of Machine Design, and completed his research in βDesign Optimisation and Tribological Aspects of Hydrodynamic Journal Bearingβ. He possesses several feathers to his hat like establishing and strengthening a completely novel department of Fire and Safety in Medi-Caps University; and facilitating a number of research scholars under his supervision. Dr. Ali is known to be a wise administrator, and has acted as Exam Superintendent for University Examinations. He, to his name, has a long list of publications and research articles. The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the biggest departments in university, comprising of 50+ faculty members, belonging to various specializations. Most of the faculty members in the department are enrolled in PhD. Along with B.Tech, the department also offers programs like M.Tech and PhD. There are five specializations which are offered at PG level- CAD/CAM/CIM, Automobile Engineering, Design Engineering, Thermal Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering, and four specializations at UG level- CAD/CAM/CAE, Energy Technology, Mechatronics and Industrial & Production Engineering. The undergraduate students of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering have been participating in prestigious competitions like BAJA SAE and GoKart at various venues in the country, and have obtained remarkable positions. The students of Fire and Safety Engineering regularly organise Mock drills in collaboration with Fire Brigade Department, Indore. The department is known for the regular conduction of seminars, workshops, conferences and expert lectures. Most of the alumni of Department have secured prestigious posts in national and international scenario.
|Dr. Mohammed Ali||HOD||PhD(mechanical), MTech, BE||20|
|Nisha Kumari||Assistant Professor||ME||6 Months|
|Sanjay Jathar||Assistant Professor||ME, PhD Pursuing||23|
|Dr. Sunil K. Somani||Vice-Chancellor||20|
|Jayesh Barve||Associate Professor||ME, PhD Pursuing||15.5|
|Manish Thakur||Assistant Professor||ME||15|
|Manoj Gangwar||Assistant Professor||ME||10|
|Eklavya Gupta||Assistant Professor||ME||10|
|Praveen Shrivastava||Assistant Professor||8.8|
|Akbar Ali||Assistant Professor||ME||8|
|Himanshu Borade||Assistant Professor||ME, PhD Pursuing||8|
|Neeraj Yadav||Assistant Professor||ME||6.5|
|Ravi Verma||Assistant Professor||ME, BE||7|
|Parag Chaporkar||Assistant Professor||ME||6|
|Anshuman Purohit||Assistant Professor||ME||5.6|
|Amit Prajapati||Assistant Professor||ME||5.5|
|Ravi Patel||Assistant Professor||5.5|
|Mohammed Irfan Khan||Assistant Professor||ME||5|
|Yogesh Sharma||Assistant Professor||5|
|Hitesh Agarwal||Assistant Professor||4|
|Bhupendra Sikarwar||Assistant Professor||3|
|Mr. Abhishek Shrotriya||Assistant Professor||MBA (Operation Research), B.E.||4 Years|
|Mr. Ram Janam Singh||ME|
|Mr.Kiran Vivrekar||Assistant Professor||ME(PURSUING)|
|Abhijeet Joshi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech||6 Months|
|Rahul Thakur||Assistant Professor||M.Tech||10 Months|
|Amit Dixit||Assistant Professor||ME||2 Months|
|Nakul Bansod||Assistant Propfessor||M.Tech||2 Months|
|Aftab Khan||Assistant Professor||ME||2 Months|
|Satya Prakash Dubey||Assistant Professor||ME||2 Months|
|Dr. Neelesh Kumar Sahu||Associate Professor||PhD(Manufacturing), M.Tech||6.5 Years|
|Deepesh Patidar||Asst. prof.||M.Tech|
|Dr. Shilpa Trapathi||Professor||PhD|
|Mr Bhavesh Devra||Assistant Professor||ME|
|Dr. G.S. Sharma||Assistant Professor||P.hd, ME, BE||14 Years|
1. CAD-CAM Centre
The lab is equipped with latest 30 computers with the following softwares:
2. Heat & Mass Transfer Laboratory
Composite wall apparatus
Lagged pipe apparatus
Critical radius of insulating Pin fin apparatus
Natural convection apparatus
Force convection apparatus
Emissivity measurement apparatus
Stefan Boltzman apparatus
Thermal conductivity metal rod
Thermal conductivity of insulator.
3. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Laboratory
General cycle refrigerator trainer
Re circular type air conditioning Trainer
Vapour Absorption Refrigeration Trainer
4. I. C. Engine Laboratory
Multi Cylinder 4Stroke Petrol Engine with Hydraulic Dynamometer and Morse Test Arrangement
Single Cylinder 4Stroke Diesel Engine with Rope Dynamometer and Retardation Testing Arrangement
Single cylinder 2 stroke petrol engine
5. Turbo Machinery & Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Which has the following equipments to its list
Pelton Turbine test
FRANCIS TURBINE test Rig
Meta-centric Height apparatus
Hydraulic bench ( open circuit)
Pitot Tube apparatus
Centrifugal pump test rig
Flow measurement using notch
Material Science and Testing Laboratory
The major equipments are:
Rockwell Hardness Tester
Vickers Brinell Hardness Tester
Impact Testing Machine
Universal Testing Machine
Impact testing Machine for UPVC Pipes
6. Theory of Machine Laboratory
The major equipments are:
Cam Analysis Machine
Whirling of shafts Apparatus
Universal Vibration Test Rig
Balancing of Reciprocating Masses Testing
Slip and Creep Measurement in Belt Drive
Journal Bearing Apparatus
Epicyclic Gear Apparatus
Static & Dynamic balancing machine
Friction & wear Apparatus
- The final year students of Mechanical Engineering participated in BAJA ATV event and secured 10th rank at all-India level and second rank at the state level. The team also stood best amongst debutant team. One of the students is placed at General Motors in R&D Department after the BAJA Competition.
- Mechanical Engineering Department conducted an in-house seven day workshop to enhance the subject knowledge of the students as well as faculties in the month of January.
- An expert lecture was conducted in January by Dr D K Shrivastava on education scenario in US for the students of Mechanical Engineering.
- A one day motivational seminar on “Entrepreneurship” was organized by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Institute, Indore on 29 January 2013 to motivate the students of MGI to build their career as future entrepreneurs. The Program was conducted for final and pre-final engineering students to acquaint them with the importance of self- employability. The seminar was coordinated by Prof Tapan Jain.
- 3D CAD Modeling” workshop in association with M/s Designer Cluster, Indore was conducted in the CAD/CAM laboratory on 2 February 2013 . 34 students participated in the workshop which was coordinated by Mr Jayesh Barve.
- A one day workshop on “Design and Analysis” was organized on 16 August 2013. The workshop began with a lecture on designing by Balaji S and Varun Barot while lectures on analysis were delivered by Kartik Jain and Aman Khan. The workshop was guided Dr K K Gupta and Mr Jayesh Barve.
- An industrial visit was held in February at Dee Tee Industry, Pithampur under the coordination of Mr M M Sharma, Mr Himanshu Borade and Mr Ravi Patel for the students of Mechanical Engineering.
- An industrial visit was held at Eicher Motor Pvt. Ltd in February for the final year students of Mechanical Engineering Department coordinated by Dr K K Gupta and Mr M M Sharma
- A few students of ME branch participated in virtual SUPRA Competition at Pune in January. Their vehicle design has been selected for the final competition.
- Mihir Marathe and Palash Vyas of ME II semester were awarded for Inquizitive 2 witnessed in March.
- The students of ME Department secured various positions and won prizes in various activities in Technochill, 2012 at IET, DAVV. 22 student members attended the programme conducted by ISHRAE Student Chapter of Indore in February at DAVV. Pridyumn Tiwari and Prashant Gour of ME III year bagged the First prize in Quiz Competition. Aditya Singh, Ankit Gupta, Bhushan Jogi, Mitin Tiwari, Palash Vyas, Priyank Sethi, Raman Singh, Rihit Khandelwal, Sanchit Neema and Tushar Arora of ME III years secured Second position in Skit competition. Anuj Singh, Abheeti Goyal, Rohit Neema and Saman Khan of ME III year got the Third position in Dance competition .
- The Department of Mechanical Engg. conducted a two day workshop on Finite Element Engineering on 3rd and 4th February. The workshop was on two demanding areas of CAE- Finite Element Method and Computational Fluid Dynamics. The key note speaker, Dr. Prasanna Joshi from CAD-CAM Guru Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Pune, highlighted the importance of FEM and shared some of his practical experiences on the topic. Dr. K.K. Gupta, Mr. Sanjay Jathar and Mr. Jayesh Barve of the department delivered lectures. Prof. Tapan Jain and Prof. Eklavyya Gupta conducted a practice session on structural analysis using ANSYS. Another practice session on Fluent software was held by Prof. K.K.Gupta and Prof. Narendra Jat.