Information Technology (IT) Department
- To empower students with the technical knowledge.
- To develop leadership qualities amongst the students.
- To inculcate in the students professional and ethical attitude.
- To make students compatible with working in teams.
- To promote industry and institute interaction thru consultancy.
To impart quality education in the field of IT and focus on related areas for over all development of students required for making a successful career either in industry, research or higher education as well for self employment as a free-lancer or a professional.
Information Technology (IT) department was started with an intake of 60 students in the year 2000. The current intake of students also is 60 in this department. The department offers B.E. and M.E. degree in Information Technology.
Departmental Activities and Details
The department has well equipped laboratories, classrooms, faculty rooms, Computer centre /labs and departmental library. These are presently common with the Computer Science Department.
The subjects that are taught in the department include all the subjects as decided by Rajiv Gandhi Technical University (RGPV, Bhopal)
Department is also running a collaborative arrangement with the Computer society of India, Indore Chapter for the benefit of students
Students of IT department are highly innovative and active in participating in the Annual festival of the college Moon Stone. Not only the students design its web portal but for all the automation required for the successful conduction of the festival.
Under the guidance of experienced and skilled teachers students learn the basic concepts of various subjects and their applications. At UG level students are made to work hard by giving them regular assignments and small projects related with the subjects. Thus department prepare students to excel in their career ahead. Most of the students of the department are placed in Core Company as well as Software Company. Some students also prefer to go abroad for higher studies mostly to USA.
Departmental Library: In addition to the central library, the department has its own library which has reference books, project reports and old question papers for reference by students and staff members.
Medi-Caps Group Group of Institution
Ms. Vaishali Chourey
Education: BE, ME, Ph.D Pusrsuing
|Ms. Vaishali Chourey||HOD||BE, ME, Ph.D Pusrsuing||15|
|Mr. Rakesh Verma||Assistant Professor||Diploma, BE, M.Tech., PhD Pursuing||7|
|Ms. Vidhya Samad Barpha||Assistant Professor||M.E.||7.9|
|Mr. Suneet Joshi||Associate Professor||Ph.D. (pur), M.E.||11|
|Ms. Jyoti Kukade||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||6.2|
|Mr. Prashant Panse||Associate Professor||Diploma, BE, PGDIT, M.Tech, PhD pursuing||13.6|
|Mr. Amit Kanungo||Assistant Professor||M.Tech||7|
|Mr. Dinesh Kr. Bhayal||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||5.5|
|Dr. C S Satsangi||Professor||PhD||27|
|Ms. Trapti Mishra||Assistant Professor||MTech, BE||6.2|
|Ms Priya Saxena||Assistant Professor||MTech, BE||2.6|
|Mr. Madhur Patidar||Assistant Professor||ME|
|Mr. Mayank Lovanshi||Assistant Professor||ME|
|Ms. Shruti Dhanotiya||Assistant Professor||M.Tech||6.5|
|Ms. Megha Joshi||Assistant Professor|
Computer Labs and IBM Labs
IBM has declared MEDI-Caps Group of Institution as a Center for Excellence.
No. of Computer-500
Member of Microsoft IT Academy and Academic Alliance for Campus.
Software\-Turbo-C++, Rational Software Architect, Rational Rose Enterprises Edition, Rational Functional Tester(seed for Quality), Star UML, Visual Studio, Java and O/S included Windows XP, Fedora (LINUX), and DOS
Harware Configuration is:
RAM: 2 GB – 5 GB
HDD: 160 GB – 500 GB
Processor: Dual Core, Core-i3
- A two day National Conference was organized on “Future Trends in Information and Communication” on 19-20 October, 2012. The conference was coordinated by MCA and CS/IT departments of the institute in association with Computer Society of India.On the occasion Chief Guest Dr. Sundeep Oberoi, Head of Global Services TCS India, keynote speaker Dr. P.K Chande, Group Director Truba Group of Institutes, Indore and Dr. D. K. Mishra Head CSE Aurobindo Institute of Technology, Indore, were present. In this conference more than 130 participants from all over India, around 30 presentation were made.
- A four day Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Rational Software Architect (RSA)” was organized by CS/IT department in the month of March 2012. The same department organized a four day training program on “Traoning and Certification of DB2 and RAD”. The department also organized a four day Faulty Development Program (FDP) on “Rational Functional Tester (RFT)” in the month of November 2012. The department organized a one day orientation workshop on “Red Hat Linux Certification” in the month of October 2012 and November 2012.
- Ishan Jain IT-VII sem took part in Polaroid photography event and secured II position.
- Karishma Jain IT-VII sem coordinated Flash workshop conducted by IIT- Kharagpur.
- Manish Suryavanshi of IT IV Semester won Silver medal in All India Swimming Championship in Kolkata.