Electrical Engineering (EE) Department
“To prepare high quality Engineering Professionals in terms of Knowledge, Innovations, Leadership and Responsible Citizens”.
“To make the best effort to motivate students for Ethical, Technological, Intellectual and Contemporary developments through life-long learning for being successful in the career”.
Department is having one professor, two associate professor and nine assistant professors as intellectual resources having good academic experience. Four faculties are pursuing PhDs.
Department is having state of art lab facilities like Electrical Machine lab, Control system lab, Instrumentation lab, Basic electrical engineering lab, Power electronics lab, Power System lab along with workshop for Minor/ Major projects. Department is having an independent computing facility with broadband internet connection, adequate no. of latest computer machines are available in software laboratory with variety of useful software.
Department is also actively engaged in advancement of development of laboratories. Different experimental set-ups are in-house developed for the Power System Switchgear and Protection laboratory, experimental setups like the Performance and characteristics of a Long Transmission Line with varying loading conditions and power factors, Performance characteristics of a Typical AC Distribution System (Radial and Ring Configuration), String Efficiency for Insulators, I.D.M. T. Over current relay (electro mechanical type) characteristics, Percentage Differential Relay characteristics, earth fault relay characteristics along with different modules for Power Electronics and Electrical Workshop Laboratories.
Department also regularly organizes different workshops for the students like ‘PCB designing workshop’, ‘Arduino based-Robotics workshop’ etc. for their all sphere development.
Regular Industrial visits for the students are organized in every semester for practical knowledge and solidification of the theoretical knowledge.
Emphasis is given on entrepreneurship and innovations. Students are also continuously bringing laurels to the department by claiming positions in different state and national level competitions. The placement status of students of the department is quite good.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is committed to educate the future work force and to conduct research with collaboration from industry and government, in pursuit of the same senior faculties are engaged in publishing the national and international conference and journal papers, also the Faculties encourage and guide the students for the publication of research papers in different conference.
Medi-Caps Group Group of Institution
Dr. Rajesh Arya
Education: PhD, ME, BE
|Dr. L D Arya||Professor||PhD||40|
|Dr. R.K. Pal||Professor||BE, M.Tech., PhD||37|
|Mr. Sanjiv K. Jain||Assistant Professor(SG)||BE , ME, PhD(pursuing)||15.6|
|Mr. Prashant Raghuwanshi||Assistant Professor||BE, M.Tech.||8|
|Ms. Amrita Mantri||Assistant Professor||BE, ME||9.6|
|Mr. Santosh Raghuwanshi||Assistant Professor||BE, ME, PhD Pursuing||11|
|Mrs. Cheshta Jain||Assistant Professor||B.E. , M.E., Ph. D(pursuing)||8.9|
|Ms. Payal Somani||Assistant Professor||BE, M.Tech.||4.5|
|Mr. Anish Tiwari||Assistant Professor||ME||0|
|Ms. Harsha Tomar||Assistant Professor||ME||3.8 Years|
|Mr. Animesh Kumar Masih||Assistant Professor||ME||16 Years|
|Ms. Neha Verma||Assistant Professor||ME||1.7 Years|
|Mr. Badal Kumar||Assistant Professor||ME||3 Years|
|Mr. Abhinav Pathak||Assistant Professor||ME||1 Years|
|Ms Jaishree Agrawal||Assistant Professor||ME|
|Dr. Rajesh Arya||HOD||PhD, ME, BE||12 Years|
|Ms. Preeti Yadav||Assistant Professor||ME, BE||1 Year|
|Mr. Vinay Kumar Gupta||Assistant Professor||ME, BE|
|Mr. Arjit Singh Chauhan||TA||ME, BE, GATE|
|Mr. Arjit Singh Chauhan||TA||ME, BE, GATE|
|BTech||60||4 Year (EE)|
The Departmental Computer Laboratory serves the students in two major ways. High-end computer servers loaded with standard software tools contribute towards the research activities; larger number of PCs is made available so as to fulfill the teaching requirements.
The computer laboratory is equipped with 23 P-IV PCs. This set up is primarily used for training students in their course work. Additional facilities such as laser printer are also available. The efforts are being made to upgrade these computing facilities from time to time.
Central computer servers are dedicated for particular kind of applications either by making use of freeware or commercial software programs. Important software programs, which are routinely being used, include MATLAB and SCILAB etc.
Electrical Machines LAB
The Electrical Machine lab enables the students to understand and consolidate the behavior of different kinds of electrical machines viz. DC machines, Induction /Synchronous machines and others also under different loading conditions. Students strive real hard to understand the application areas of these machines as per the different industrial requirements. Facilities available are:
- DC Shunt motor 5HP 220V, 1500rpm coupled with DC Shunt generator of 220V, 3kW on channel frame with control panel.
- DC Series motor of 5 HP 220V 1500rpm coupled on channel frame with DC Series generator of 220V 3 kW with control panel.
- DC commutative compound motor Of 5 hp 220 volt 1500 rpm coupled on channel frame with DC shunt generator of 220volt 3 kW, with control panel.
- Two identical Dc shunt motors of 5hp, 220Volt, 1500rpm coupled on channel frame with control panel.
- DC compound motor of 5hp, 2220 volt, and 1500 rpm with break load pulley and dial type spring balances with control panel.
- Three single phase transformer of 3kVA, 230 volts with primary and secondary in two halves with tapping at 50%, 86.6%and 100% with control panel.
- 3 phase squirrel cage induction motor of 5hp, 440 volt, with brake load pulley belt load changing arrangement & control panel.
- Synchronous motor of 5hp, 415 volt and 3-phase coupled with 0.75 kW DC generator for excitation and 230 volt, 3.0kw, 230 volt dc shunt generator with control panel.
- DC Shunt motor of 5hp, 220Volt, 1500 rpm coupled with 3-phase 3kVA, 440Volts alternator salient pole rotating field type with control panel.
Instrumentation, Control LAB and Network LAB
Instrumentation & Control engineering lab provides opportunity for the students to learn and fulfill the industry demands of Instrumentation and Control Engineering. The Department has state of art equipments in the laboratory.
Today automation being the primary objective which is fulfilled by the lab facilities providing students to have hands-on with different control schemes viz PID etc. and practice on calibration, transducers etc as well. Facilities available with the labs are:
(ii) Instrumentation LAB
1. Complete Exp.set up of measurement of resistance by volt drop method.
2. Complete Exp. set up of low of charge method.
3. Wheat stone bridge kit.
4. Complete Exp. set up to find out low resistant by Kelvin double bridge with Conductivity attachment.
5. Complete Exp. set up of Calibration of PMMC voltmeter and Ammeter by Crompton potentiometer.
6. Calibration of wattmeter using DC potentiometer.
7. Maxwell’s inductance capacitance bridge kit, Anderson bridge kit for self inductance, Experimental inductance bridge Frequency by Wein bridge kit.
8. Calibration of dynamometer power factor meter, Complete set up of Calibration of LPF wattmeter, Complete set up of Calibration of single phase energy meter.
(ii) Control LAB:
1. Trainer board of simulation of transfer function using OPM
2. Trainer board of Type 0, Type1, and Type2 control system.
3. Trainer board of AC Servo motor speed / torque characteristic.
4. Trainer board of DC Servo motor speed / torque Characteristic
5. Trainer board of characteristic of magnetic amplifier.
6. Trainer board of DC position servo system.
7. Trainer board of study of Synchros.
Power System & Switchgear LAB
The scientific field of the Power Systems Laboratory comprises analysis and design of electric and integrated energy systems including their planning, design and operation.
With this view the lab provides the facility to interact and analyze with different relays and study of breakers.
The facilities available are:
Over current relay, IPFC, Relay MPR301, DOL starter, Star Delta Starter, Tachometer,
Megger, Coil Wdg machine, Buchholz Relay, IDMT relay, Earth fault Relay, Intelligent Panel meter, Directional OC Relay, Static Relays, Tong tester etc.
1. Test Bench of Differential Relay.
2. Test Bench of Differential Over-Current relay.
3. Test Bench of IDMT Over-Current relay
4. Test Bench of Earth fault relay.
5. Transmission line (T and pi) module for parameter determination.
6. Transmission line (T and pi) module with compensation.
7. Ring mains system module.
8. Radial mains system module.
With all the necessary required instrument/ devices.
Power Electronics & Drives LAB
The department has a Power Electronics Laboratory well equipped with drive-control kits based on SCRs, IGBTs, MOSFETs, TRAIC, DIAC, UJT etc. and based on various configurations such as converters, inverters and chopper. The department has different oscilloscopes for the most use of students in their lab/ project works.
The facilities available are:
- Different firing circuit modules.
- Different Commutation modules.
- Single phase/ three phase rectifier/ Inverter modules.
- Chip based firing modules, etc.
With Power Scope ST224, Digital multimeter, CRO SM902, Anshuman PE kit with Modules, Fan Load.
The Drive lab is under procurement.
Workshop and Projects LAB
Electrical workshop and Project lab is fully fledged with the facility required for PCB making etc. The lab is used for the minor and major project work of the students. In workshop course students learn through working on different household and industrial modules.
Basic Electrical Engineering LAB
This is the basic lab that supports the study of beginners in engineering. The workshop store consists of common electrical devices & tools and various models etc. By means of these experiments, the student obtains the basic knowledge in the field of electrical engineering. These experiments help to provide them the base they require as electrical engineers
The facilities available are:
1. Complete Set-up for Active and Reactive Power Measurement in single phase A.C circuit
2. Complete Set-up for study of no-load waveform of a single phase transformer.
3. Complete setup for open circuit, short circuit and turns ratio of 1-?, 220V, 1KVA, 4.4 amps, Transformer
4. Complete set up for study of series and parallel resonance.
5. Complete set up for DC generator coupled with single phase induction motor of 1 hp, 220 volt, 1440 rpm, 50Hz, 6amp.
6. Complete setup for separately excited Dc shunt motor of 0.5 hp 2.1amp, 1500rpm, and 220 volts.
7. Complete setup for 3-phase induction motor of 2hp, 3.1amp, and 1440 rpm for power measurement with two Wattmeter methods and many more.And Autotransformers, MCB, tools etc.
- Rajul Lal Gour and Rishik Patel, EX final year students, have designed sophisticated electronic circuits for the RACING CARS which were developed by the students of Mechanical Engineering.
- Mrunal Pandit of Ex V sem published a paper entitled “Non Convectional Enery Resources” in the International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering in June 2012 at Pune.
- Shubham Yadav EX III secured II position in PIRATE WARS, a Robotic Competition organized by IIT Bombay.
- Nikhil Khatri, Rajul Lal Gaur, and Faizan Sheikh of EX III year participated in Tech-Fest “TECHOLYMPICS organized by IIT Bombay, qualifier round of grid master at Medi-Caps, Indore and at MNIT Jaipur and secured V and III positions respectively.
- The institute plans regular industry visits for building professional efficiency of the students. Regarding the same the students of EX and Civil were sent to Maheshwar Hydel Power Plant. In the power plant there are 10 turbines, each of 40 MW energy. Therefore, the total capacity of the plant is 400 MW, which is the largest radial gate in Asia. The students saw the civil construction of gates including service gate, radial gate etc. and the information about turbine section was also given to the them. The plant comprises of Kaplan Turbine as it is of 'low heat type'. The information regarding the mechanical component was followed by the electrical one. The students were explained at length about alternators and stator. The students were made to observe the three phase generator, each having the capacity of 50MVA which steps up voltage at 11KV, current483 A to 220KV and 503A. After this, the supply is transformed to switchyard. The switchyard was under construction hence the students weren't allowed to visit. However some theoretical information regarding the same was given to the students. The study tour proved to be a fruitful experience for both the students as well as the faculties.
- EX department has conducted different educational visits under the guidance of Prof. R.K. Pal in the month of September 2012. Final year students visited Indira Sagar Hydal Power Project, Punasa on September 22, 2012.
- Vijay Kabra, Akshay Pare, and Ashutosh Verma of EX III year have secured the Seventh position at tech-fest at Business Plan Competition at IIT Kanpur.
- Rishabh Kanjolia of EX III year participated in tech-fest at IIT Kanpur and presented the project on the topic of “Social contribution-Providing Employment to Poor Ones
- Vijay Kabra, Akshay Pare, Ashutosh Verma of EX III year participated in a tech-fest organized at IIT Kharagpur and were amongst the finalists of the Business Plan Event and brought laurels to the institute.
- EX VIII semester students had gone for an industry visit at Maheshwar in the month of March 2012.
- The students of EX VI semester visited 400 KV substation, MPPKVVCL Co. Ltd. Indore in the month of March 2012.
- The students of EX IV semester gained practical knowledge by visiting MTRU, MPPKVVCL Co. Ltd. Indore in February.